I cropped these shots to show the entire frog, including the portion underwater. And here is a shot of another frog on that evening.
I'm not sure why I shot this photo with the aperture set at a wide open f/4, but at least I focused on the frog's eye.
Because of the attractive light, I wanted to see if I could get some interesting shots of the pond lilies.
I think i would have been better served by my telephoto zoom for the lily shots also, as both of these shots are fairly highly cropped. I was doing some shutter speed bracketing, over- and underexposing some shots, so I decided to try my hand at converting one bracketed set into a high dynamic range blend. Here is the result.
It probably would have been better if I had spread out further the over- and underexposed shots. I like the color that the blend created, but a close look reveals some chromatic aberration. Still, this shot seems to have done a better job of capturing the warm color of the evening sun on the surface of the pond.
I went back the next morning and this time brought my 70-300 mm telephoto. That helped quite a bit, even though the light was not as interesting. In this first shot I included all of the frog.
The resolution on these shots is excellent. Here is another shot of this same frog.
This was taken at an aperture of f/10.
And here is another frog along with two bugs, one in the middle of its back and on top of its left eyeball. I would have preferred that the insects not be there, but I didn't have the patience to out-wait the bugs.
Here is another shot of this same frog.
In both of these shots, there is a bright spot at the base of the frog's right eye. A close look reveals that the spot is actually where sunlight has entered the frog's eye and been focused by the eye's lens to a spot at the base of the inside of the eye. The resolution in these shots is very good.
I also took a few more lily shots. Pleasant but nothing special.